Monday, July 15, 2013

My New Venture

I am thrilled to announce my new business!  Ramsay Gourd Home is a collection of fabrics, furniture and wall coverings that grew from years of design observations and musings.  The collection reflects my appreciation for classical design, infused with an energy that befits our modern lifestyles.

I have designed each fabric line with a number of patterns and color ways,
 making them easy to coordinate.  Illustrative designs, strong geometries, and subtle patterns come together to offer a wide range of visual emotion.  Many of the patterns are available as wall coverings as well. Contact us if you have a special application.  I love to explore new possibilities and have great flexibility with short turn-around times!


My bench-made furniture line is individually crafted in the U.S. by hand-selected artisans.  The finest materials and workmanship go into every piece.  Each design is fully customizable and may be tailored to meet your specific needs.   New pieces will continue to be added to the collection and I offer a bespoke design service, collaborating with designers and owners.

As an architect and designer, I am thrilled to offer my work to a much larger audience.  I am excited to see how the patterns and forms I have developed provide inspiration to your next project!

I invite you to explore the web site at ramsaygourd.com and see what I've been up to.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions or observations.  One of the beautiful things about a small young business is its ability to nimbly respond to market demands, and with our bespoke service offerings, we know that Ramsay Gourd Home can find a place in your home!

RAMSAY  GOURD  HOME
Fresh Classics for Modern LivingTM


2 comments:

  1. “One of the beautiful things about a small young business is its ability to nimbly respond to market demands…” — I couldn’t agree with you more, Ramsay. The reason is that you know your market, and you also have an idea how they behave. And because of that, it enables you to stay proactive with any circumstance that you might face.

    Cameron Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a great idea. I think your new business is an expression of your chosen field. Your observation and love for design has translated into your skill at color coordinating and putting great patterns on those fabrics, while the structural design part translated into your furniture endeavor. I think those two businesses would go well together as well. Good luck! :D

    Carlene Schnitzer @ Stewart Technologies

    ReplyDelete